Switching Maps: Request for a Definitive Reply

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord at present and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click hither to go to the Discord Server!

    • #1

    My S.O. and I have been playing Ark on the Isle map for some time. We've put a ton of work into it, obviously. At some point we'd similar to switch maps (mayhap fifty-fifty switch to Archaic or something) but I run into alien information on what happens to our Isle map. I know we tin move our tames with the states, but we have structures and resource and such we'd want to accept when nosotros come back to the Island. What happens to the information on the Island map if we switch to Scorched Globe or Ragnarok or something? And can you switch to Primitive retroactively? There seems to be a check box I tin can just striking, merely does it wipe out the data and outset fresh or does it retroactively set it to Archaic?

    • #2

    Yes you can Switch between all the maps you'd Like!!! each map and variation of the game will have its ain save withing the backup section. Just brand sure to have the correct stuff checked off so y'all can transport your dinos and stuff from map to map.

    Here is the page about switching maps via our Nitradopedia

    https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/changing_the_map_of_your_ark_server

    When information technology comes to game switching its slightly different

    5.game_switching_features_and_dangers

    Welcome to the Nitrado Forums!

    • #3

    Hi,

    Ive just done everything suggested when irresolute the map to scorched earth and it has yet tried to load my quondam character, when information technology did load it said i left my prevous tribe.

    Tried switching dorsum to the island and my grapheme had been reset there. tried to get my save game back ive tried server reboots with old save game data and it however wont piece of work, now trying a full server dorsum upwardly to hopefully set up this.

    • #iv

    Darkridershane when you switched back to the island was the entire map reset or was merely your grapheme itself reset?

    If y'all map itself was completely wiped a backup should fix this consequence. If your character was reset I want to make sure you had loaded your character into the obelisk or drop. And also brand sure if it's a cluster that they're non password protected this will usually assistance with the kicking from tribe result.

    Please keep me updated hopefully this all works for you

    • #5

    Ive managed to restore the lost progress and now through trial and error I've worked it out. Yeah you may play multiple maps fine and switching is very easy but you must only play as one survivor and non respawn a new grapheme. This wasn't clearly mentioned, the FAQ said that it had it own save per map which lead to believe multiple characters just this is non the instance.

    • #6

    Ive managed to restore the lost progress and now through trial and error I've worked information technology out. Yes you may play multiple maps fine and switching is very piece of cake but y'all must only play as one survivor and not respawn a new character. This wasn't clearly mentioned, the FAQ said that it had it own save per map which pb to believe multiple characters but this is not the case.

    Give thanks you for posting I'll look more into this. I know I have multiple characters across multiple maps. I don't see why it would be any different with having multiple maps on the aforementioned server. They should be all separate saves with dissever characters beyond each. Unless you are choosing to upload your grapheme and then redownload information technology onto the new map.

    • #7

    I didn't upload the via the obelisk, I wanted a fresh survivor. When I switched maps and saved a restarted the server, once on the new map yous get the selection screen. I had the option to respawn with my original graphic symbol, if I chose the respawn with a new character it wiped my entirely. But delight practise do meet if yous accept the same results, information technology would be nice to have multiple characters on multiple maps. I would practice multiple servers simply seeing as it'south only me and my partner playing there isn't much point in it.

    • #8

    I'll be sure to run a test on information technology tonight to see the results I get. I'll let you know as shortly as I endeavor it out.

    • #10

    Alright and then I take the same question. We are about to switch to Scorched World from the Island. Am I alright starting a new graphic symbol on Scorched Earth so beingness able to render to the Island with my original character? Or do I accept to upload my original grapheme and move information technology betwixt maps?

    • #11

    Yes, you can switch maps. Merely be aware equally either you start a new character or utilize existing (assuming you used the correct server settings to upload graphic symbol) information technology adds over time to the aforementioned "profile" savefile. I say this equally everyone knows as with whatsoever game yous run the risk of a corrupted file. This happens for many reasons. Once that 'contour' savefile is corrupt all characters under that ID volition exist corrupted. Personally I wouldnt recommend switching maps dorsum and forth.

    Also note... and this is the most of import one...

    Eventually your original gamefile volition be overwritten. Example: Play original map theIsland for 6 months, switch over to Rag. And then in 30 days you switch back to theisland. It may not be at that place. We are unable to say when that file will be finally overwritten. I meet more posts hither and other communities maxim about 30 days. But I accept seen and experienced 2-3 weeks. All depends on how agile the server is.

    If you do some additional forum searches this has been answered a few times. ;)

  • DOAGEN

    Airtight the thread.